This is an exercise for chest, triceps and shoulder strengthening.
- Lie flat on a bench with your feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands wider than shoulder width apart on the bar and lift it off the rack, this is starting position.
- Bring the bar over your chest and lower it till it is just above your body.
- Extend your arms upward and raise the bar straight up.
- Pause for a moment and with slow controlled movement, return the bar to starting position.
Ensure that your hips and back remain in contact through out the exercise.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.