Having a type-A personality, I hate being late—and nothing stresses me out faster than when I’m running behind for work. Luckily, I never have to worry about breakfast slowing me down because it’s waiting for me in the refrigerator.
Twice a week, I make two Mason jars of Chilled Pumpkin Oatmeal. Yup, I’ve joined the overnight oats craze. But that’s because it’s easy, tastes good, and is super convenient.
While eating pumpkin-flavored anything during the summer months may not seem appetizing, since these are chilled this breakfast has a definite advantage. It’s rather refreshing to enjoy something cool in the morning.
The recipe below makes two servings (mostly because for the longest time I only had two Mason jars!). You could easily double it and have almost a full week’s worth of breakfasts ready to go.
If you aren’t a fan of pumpkin, substitute it. Try different spices, brown sugar with peanut butter, or strawberries and honey. It’s super easy to customize this recipe any way you’d like.
And the best part is, all you need is a spoon.
Chilled Pumpkin Oatmeal (makes 2 servings)
- 3 Tbsp. pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or almond or cow’s milk)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 scoop MySmart™Shake Whey Base
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- Mix pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt, and milk together in a medium bowl. Add in salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and the whey shake base. Stir in chia seeds, brown sugar, and oats.
- Pour, or spoon, into two half-pint Mason jars. Chill in refrigerator overnight.
Nutrition information (per jar)
- 253 calories
- 10 g fat
- 32 g carbs
- 10 g fiber
- 9 g sugar
- 9 g protein
Reposted from What’s Up USANA Blog site by Missy Bird