This is an exercise for shoulder, biceps and upper back strengthening.
- Attach a straight bar to the pulley on the floor.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your abs drawn in and your back straight.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grasp (your palms facing downwards) and pull it up towards your waist, this is the starting position.
- Raise the bar up to in line with your shoulders.
- Pause at the top and rotate your shoulder blades together.
- Lower the bar in a controlled motion to the starting position.
Do not arch your back when raising the bar to your shoulders.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.