This version of the biceps curl uses a cable instead of a barbell to work the muscles of the arms.
- Attach a short bar to a cable pulley to the bottom of the weight stack.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp the bar with palms facing up, and hands fairly close together.
- Lower your arms fully to above your thighs and bending only your elbows, raise the bar to your upper chest.
- Pause for a moment and then return to the starting position.
Note: Do not swing your hips or back during this exercise.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.