This crunch uses a Stability Ball. The ball allows you a better range of movement because it adapts better to your spine.
- Sit on top of an exercise or stability ball with your feet placed firmly on the floor for support.
- Position yourself so that your lower back is centered on the middle of the ball.
- Lie back and bring your hands across your chest, or on either side of your head (over your ears).
- Raise your head, chest and shoulders up crunching your abs as you sit upright.
- Pause for a moment and then lower yourself to the starting position.
Note: For best results, use a full range of motion in this exercise.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.