This is an exercise similar to the regular dead lift and strengthens the hamstring, calves, quadriceps and gluts.
- Place a barbell in front of your feet on the ground.
- Grasp the barbell with a grip a bit wider than shoulder width apart.
- Bend your knees slightly, keeping your hips and back straight.
- Lift the bar straight up concentrating on using your hips as you stand.
- Stand with the bar resting against your thighs.
- Lower the bar to the floor with a slight bend in your knees flexing your hips back for stability.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.