This is an advanced version of a lunge.
- Place a barbell on a rack at chest height.
- Lift the barbell of of the rack and onto your shoulders, gripping the bar slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Stand with your feet approximately 8 inches apart with your toes pointing forward.
- Slowly take a step backward with your right leg.
- Keeping your abs drawn in and your upper body straight, lower your body until your left knee is almost on the ground. You may choose to place a mat or towel under your knee.
- Hold for a moment and then return to starting position.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.