This is an exercise for lateral deltoid, shoulder and forearm strengthening.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing inward towards your body and the dumbbells at your sides.
- Standing with your feet shoulder with apart, draw your abs in and bend your knees slightly.
- While keeping your torso still, raise the your arms up to the sides keeping your arms straight with a slight bend in the elbows.
- Raise your arms up until in line with your shoulders, your palms should face the floor.
- Hold the position for a moment then in a controlled movement lower your arms to the starting position.
Maintain a good upright posture ensuring no arching in the back in order to prevent injuries.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.