“Tagumpay, kaya ng atletang pinoy.”
Asian Games-bound athletes and officials during the SEND-OFF PROGRAM for 14th Asian Games held at MPA, Philsports, Pasig City, September 5, 2014.
Also in the photo are PSC Chairman Ricardo Garcia, Sec. Jose Rene Almendras, Ms. Mikee Cojuangco-Jaworski, POC President Jose Cojuangco Jr. and POC Secretary General Steve Hontiveros.
The 2014 Asian Games, officially known as the XVII Asiad, is the largest sporting event in Asia governed by Olympic Council of Asia (OCA). It is scheduled to take place in Incheon, Korea’s port city, South Korea from September 19 through Oct. 4, featuring 439 events in 36 sports.
Incheon was awarded the right on April 17, 2007, defeated Delhi, India to host the Games. Incheon is the third city in South Korea after Seoul (1986) and Busan (2002) to host the Asian Games.
· Official Name : the 17th Asian Games Incheon, 2014
· Duration : Sep. 19, 2014 – Oct. 4, 2014 (16 days)
· Venues : In and around Incheon Metropolitan City
· Participants : 13,000 athletes and officials and 7,000 media from 45 National Olympic Committees
· Operation staff : approx. 30,000
· Host : The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA)
· Organizer : The 2014 Incheon Asian Games Organizing Committee (IAGOC)
· No. of Sports : 36 sports
· Official Games Website : http://www.incheon2014.kr/index