We all want to loose weight, look younger and feel healthier. Why not use the proper combinations of foods to accomplish this; after all we are what we eat. We may not be able to accomplish all of our goals but we can certainly slow down the effects of the aging process on our bodies. More and more people are discovering that combining the proper foods to reverse the aging process is a good start.
Food combination is the process of ingestion certain foods together while avoiding other food combinations altogether. This is not any type of diet where some foods are not eaten. It only means that certain combinations of foods are not eaten at the same time. The body takes different amount of time to digest different foods depending on the general type of food being eaten. For example, it is believed that you should not eat proteins with starchy foods or that acidic and alkaline foods should not to be eaten together.
If you go back far enough in human history you will conclude that eating different foods at the same time was not the norm. Humans wander around in small family groups looking for food. When then came upon a food source such as a nut for fruit tree or if they found or killed an animal it was eaten on the spot. If any of the food was left after the eating binge then the excess food may have been saved for later use.
The human body adapted to this food availability by producing different enzymes to digest different types of foods. Carbohydrates require carbohydrate digesting enzymes and Proteins require protein digesting enzymes. The production of protein enzymes and carbohydrate enzymes at the same time can lead can lead to indigestion, gas, cramping and the poor digestion of foods.
Here is a list of nine general rules for a proper food combination diet.
1) Carbohydrates (Bread, Potatoes, Rice, Wheat) should not be eaten with Acidic Foods (Tomato, Pineapples, Grapefruits, Oranges). Ptyalin enzyme is used to digest alkaline foods and is destroyed by acidic foods. The eating of acidic foods with carbohydrates can lead to a fermentation process that produces gas. Citrus fruits can safely be eaten as a snack from 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to a regular meal. Tomatoes can be eaten with green leafy vegetables and fatty foods.
2) Proteins (Meat, Cheese, Eggs, Nuts) should not be eaten with Carbohydrates (Potatoes, Grains, Sweet Fruits, most Desserts).
3) Two different Proteins at the same time. Do not combine Meat, Cheese, Eggs, Nuts, Milk. The enzyme require to digest proteins need to be in different strengths for different proteins.
4) Proteins and Fats. Eat only lean meats because fats will suppress the appetite thus retarding the production of protein digestive enzymes.
5) Proteins (Meat, Cheese, Eggs, Nuts) should not be eaten with Acidic Foods (Tomato, Pineapples, Grapefruits, Oranges). Same reasoning as rule 1.
6) Starches (Potatoes, Grains, Cereals) should not be eaten with Sugars. Sugar causes the mouth to produce an excessive amount of saliva which will dilute the concentration of ptyalin in the stomach.
7) Starches (Potatoes, Grains, Cereals) should not be eaten with other Starches.
8) Melons should always be eaten alone. The digestion of melons happens very quickly and can be eaten as a snack from 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to a regular meal.
9) Milk should always be ingested alone. Milk requires a very specific enzyme to be digested properly.
At first glance the above rules will not allow you to maintain a balance diet. You will still need to maintain a balance diet just do not eat a serving from each of the food groups at the same time. Divide up you eating day into smaller units with the correct combinations of foods in them will go a long way in your fight against the aging process. We need our bodies the chance to digest what we eat properly.
Proper food combining encourages you to eat healthily. You will be getting more of the vitamins and minerals your body needs. Your skin will become clearer and healthier looking. No more indigestion or gas, you will have more energy, no more limp hair or pasty skin. Food combining for anti-aging purposes is a great way to fight the rigors of time.
If you just feel that you need vitamins, supplements or herbs to fight the aging process then find a good health care professional prior to starting any type of home treatment.
Always consult your doctor before using this information.
This Article is nutritional in nature and is not to be construed as medical advice. Author Resource:- David Cowley has created numerous articles on Anti Aging. He has also created a Web Site dedicated to Anti Aging and how to treat it. Visit http://www.aging-team.com