This exercise uses a standard barbell to isolate the biceps during a curl.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp a barbell with palms up, about 12 inches apart.
- Extend your arms fully against your thighs.
- Keeping your elbows straight, raise the bar towards your chest until your forearms touch your chest.
- Pause for moment and then return to the starting position.
Note: Lean up against a wall or post if you have problems keeping from swinging.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.