This is an exercise for shoulder, middle back and triceps strengthening.
- Place an exercise band around a post or machine at mid chest height.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, abs drawn in and knees slightly bent.
- Stand back from the post so there is tension in the band, grasping the band with your arms extended in front of you and a slight bend in your elbows; this is your starting position.
- Bring your arms back in a controlled motion till they are parallel at your sides and in line with your shoulders.
- Slowly return your arms to the starting position in front of your chest.
Maintain a good upright posture at all times during this exercise ensuring you do not arch your back.
Exercise images by Everkinetic.